The free Universal Printing Assistant (UPA) is the easiest way to monitor network printers from your iPhone or iPad. This printer app keeps you up to date on the status of your printers, making disruptions from paper jams and running out of printer ink a thing of the past.
Monitor your printer at any time with UPA. Simply tap to see operating status and alert conditions (low/empty paper tray, low toner/ink and more).
You can even configure the UPA printing app to automatically email and/or display a notification if a printer enters an alert state. Stop worrying about printing problems and keep your printer up and running with UPA.
HOW UPA WORKS
- Keep ahead of your printers with real-time status every time you open the printing app.
- Actively receive notifications if a printer requires attention.
- Check your printer’s status and alerts at any time.
AUTOMATIC PRINTER SETUP
- Identifies all SNMP-capable network printers upon installation.
- Expand your printer search by entering a broader IP Address range.
- Add or delete printers from monitoring at any time.
CUSTOMIZED PRINTER NOTIFICATIONS
- Configure the printing app to identify the printer conditions that will cause an alert (toner/paper low, paper jams).
- Enable active alerts for your printer via email and/or app notifications.
SIMPLIFIED TONER ORDERING
- Know when your printer is running low on toner.
- Re-order toner or ink with just a couple taps through Amazon or your preferred vendor.
- The app takes the guesswork out of ordering by identifying the part number for the toner cartridge needing replacing.
- Purchase original supplies (OEM) or lower-cost Xerox-brand for HP and Brother printers.
- UPA is optimized to support Xerox, HP and Brother printers.
- The UPA printer app will interface with other printer brands, including Lexmark, Epson and Canon.
Keep your printers running and fully-loaded at all times with the free Universal Printing Assistant app. Download today!
Universal Printing Assistant is designed to work within a Local Area Network (LAN) that typically connect computers, printers and other peripherals in a relatively small area such as a business, school, etc. Modern LANs predominantly use either Wi-Fi or Ethernet to connect their devices together.
UPA is not well suited to large enterprise (e.g., corporate) network environments as these commonly utilize wide area network (WAN) to connect several LANs as well as proxy servers, which among other things provide firewall and network data filtering support.
Note: Your mobile device must connect to the same network as the printers for UPA to discover to the printers.
MOBILE DEVICE INTERNET CONNECTION VIA WIFI
For UPA to function, your mobile device must have a strong/consistent WIFI connection to the Internet.
Universal Printing Assistant 1.4 is optimized to support Brother, HP, and Xerox printers.
UPA will interface with other printer brands (e.g., Lexmark, Epson, Canon, etc.) though One-Click ordering will not be available until Fall 2018.
Note: Entry level home-office/personal printers (laser, inkjet, all-in-ones) are likely not able to provide adequate information to UPA about paper tray levels, supplies levels, or operational status due to their limited reporting capabilities.
• This is a limitation of entry-level printing devices – not the UPA App itself.
Version 1.4 will support United States only. A subsequent UPA release will be available for download and use in other countries in Fall 2018.
|IOS||1.4.0||September 19, 2018|
Add your SDKs/Apps